Draft Ballinasloe Local Area Plan 2022-2028
Notice of the publication of the
Draft Ballinasloe Local Area Plan 2022-2028
Notice is hereby given that Galway County Council pursuant to Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Article 14 A-E of the Planning & Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations, 2004 (as amended), Article 6 of the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Birds Directive (79/409/EEC) as amended, and the European Communities (Birds and Natural Habitats) Regulations, 2011 (S.I. 477) has prepared a Draft Local Area Plan (LAP), Local Transport Plan (LTP), a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Stage 2 Natura Impact Report and also a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) for Ballinasloe.
Public Consultation Webinar
As part of the ongoing consultation process for the Draft Ballinasloe Local Area Plan 2022-2028 Galway County Council will be holding a Public Webinar Event:
This webinar is open to everyone, and it will give an overview of the Draft Ballinasloe Local Area Plan 2022 - 2028 and guidance on how to make a submission.
The Webinar will be recorded.
Public Consultation Events (by Appointment)
Galway County Council invites you to book your appointment to attend one of the public consultation events on the Ballinasloe Draft Local Area Plan 2022-2028 to take place on
- Tuesday 16th November 2021 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Thursday 18th November 2021 2.00pm – 4.30 pm
- In the Shearwater Hotel, Marina Point, Townparks, Ballinasloe, H53 F5P9
To book an appointment call the Forward Planning Policy Section 091 509 396
View the Draft Ballinasloe LAP 2022 – 2028
The Draft LAP and associated reports will be available for inspection at the following locations:
- Planning Office, Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway H91 H6KX (Monday -Friday 9am-4pm)
- Ballinasloe Library, Society Street, Ballinasloe (Tuesday 11.00am – 1.00pm & 2.00pm – 8.00 pm Wednesday-Saturday 11.00am -1.00pm & 2.00pm - 5.00pm)
- Ballinasloe Area Office, Civic Offices, Ballinasloe H53 A7K7 (Monday-Friday 9.10am-5.00pm
Written submissions or observations in respect of the Draft LAP, Draft LTP, the SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report and Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) for Ballinasloe made to the Planning Authority during such period will be taken into consideration before the Plan is adopted by Galway County Council. Submissions or observations are also welcome from children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children.
Have your say
Submissions or observations should be made in one of the following ways:
sent by email to email@example.com.
in writing and addressed to:
‘Ballinasloe Local Area Plan’, Forward Planning Section, Galway County Council, Prospect Hill, Galway,
The closing Date for Submissions or Observations is Friday 03rd December 2021 at 4pm.
Late Submissions will not be accepted.
Please send your submission/observation through one medium only, either in writing, or electronically.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Children or groups and associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations regarding policy objectives to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the LAP.
Galway County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act (as amended). Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning Act.
You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full;
- Galway County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details (and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent), on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/ observation. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Council’s Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
Please note that in accordance with Section 19 of the Planning and Development (Amendment) Act, 2018 all valid submissions received by the Council shall be published on the Galway County Council website within 10 working days of its receipt by the Council. The planning process is an open and public process and therefore your submission (in part or in total) will be available to view online at https://consult.galway.ie/. All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Ballinasloe Local Area Plan 2022-2028.
Hard copies of the Draft LAP and associated documentation are available for purchase from the Planning Department.
Lobbying is an essential part of the democratic process. It enables or facilitates citizens and organisations to make their views on public policy and public services such as land-use zoning known to politicians and public servants (designated Public Officials). If you are involved in lobbying, you may need to:
- Register on the Register of Lobbying website which is maintained by Standards Commission: www.lobbying.ie
- Provide information to the Standards Commission about your lobbying activities three times a year.
- Please visit www.lobbying.ie for more information.
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Galway County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at http://www.galway.ie/en/services/yourcouncil/privacystatement/